I had been anticipating this wedding for quite some time! Jocelyn and Angel were engaged a few days before halloween and they contacted me right away for engagement photos! The excitement was all around and I knew I couldn’t wait to celebrate their day with them!
First, we had their engagement session when there was still some snow on the ground toward the end of March. You can check out their gorgeous engagement session here. Getting to know them during this session was so much fun. The way they look at each other makes my heart melt and they were up for any crazy ideas I had!
Angel’s family traveled from Mexico and it was just the sweetest to see the emotions that were expressed this day! So many happy tears, so much LOVE!
Jocelyn and Angel, thank you for choosing me to be apart of your day! I loved capturing every little detail and I loved getting to meet all your closest family and friends! You guys are just so in love, I am so happy you found each other! Hearing your vows and the story of how you met might have been one of my favorite parts of the day! Angel, your first reaction when you saw Jocelyn walking toward you was so amazing to see, I had tears in my eyes! Wishing you both so much happiness, forever!
Bridal Gown: Casablanca Bridal by Sposabella Bridal
Florist: Bourne Florist
Venue: Brookside Club
DJ: The Pros
Photo booth: Nellie’s Phototainment
Cake: Guilty Bakery
Ice Cream Bar: Polar Cave
Happy Wednesday! The weather isn’t looking good over here, rain, wind and cold! I am so ready for spring and getting to be outside all day every day with my kiddos! Today, we went to play group and now both littles are “car napping”. ( any other moms think that car naps are life, like me?? I have a love hate relationship with the car naps!)
I realized that I have not posted a personal post lately and I want to get better at sharing things about me so you get to know who I am! In the fall last year, we visited my side of the family for Thanksgiving and spent a day in Philly while we were there. The art museum area is one of our favorite spots! Not only is it beautiful, its also where PJ proposed to me in 2008! We brought the kids back there and I played around with them taking photos that turned out to be our Christmas Card photos this year! I even had them sitting in the area where “I said Yes” and these photos just melt my heart each time I look a them!
Henry is 7 months in these photos. Ethan is 3. Henry JUST hit the sitting up milestone and because PJ and I did not get in the shot for this session of fun, Henry isn’t in too many because he couldn’t sit up strong just yet.
As I mentioned before, we visit Philly every year around Thanksgiving since we are not too far visiting our family in New Jersey. It’s something my family and I look forward to each year and it is going to be even more special now bringing the boys there as they grow!
Here are 1o reasons why I love Philadelphia!
10. It’s so close to home- I am from Washington Township, NJ. This is about 20 minutes from Philly and growing up, it was fun to go into the city for the day! I still remember how to get there and the drive is not bad at all!
9. The View- I went to college at Rutgers University in Camden, NJ. The view of the city from the parking lot I always parked in is just beautiful. Although Camden may not be the nicest area, it does showcase the city nicely and it has a great location for photos if you wanted the city in the background!
8. South Street– It was always fun to walk around South Street with friends! So many unique shops, restaurants and bars. The last time I was there, I remember being with my friend Christina and my cousin Vicky. We were shopping around and my cousin got a phone call where she was offered a teaching position! hah. I think I still remember that because it was such an exciting day for her! She is still teaching in the same school for the past 12 years! I also took ballroom lessons at Society Hill Dance Center for a few years! I miss it there! and I miss dancing!! anyone want first dance lessons? let me know!
7. The Philadephia Zoo– This zoo is amazing! We have gone there twice with Ethan so far and can’t wait to bring Henry there with our friends and family. The kids love seeing the animals and running around ( and I do too!) This is always a fun day trip we like to do when we visit in the summer.
6. Philadelphia Cheese Steaks- Sorry New England….. they will always be a cheese steak to me! Pats Vs. Genos
5. Manayunk- I never really cared about this location when I was younger, but now I think its such a cool area! A neat main street with restaurants and bars! The Manayunk Brewery is one of our favorite places to go if we are there, and if there is a table outside, thats where you would find us!
4. Mothers Day– Every mothers day, Susan G. Komen hosts their Breast Cancer Walk beginning at the art museum. We did this every year, up until the year I moved to MA. I miss these walks but LOVE seeing that some friends and family still go and I love getting their texts and photos of this special day.
3. The Breast Cancer 3 Day- In 2007 I decided that I was going to challenge myself and walk in my first 3 day. I told my family I was going to sign up and raise $2300 for breast cancer research in memory of my mother. While many people thought I was crazy, my cousin, Vicky signed up with me. I will never forget my 1st 3 day with her. After that, we signed up again and I walked in the Philadelphia Breast Cancer 3 day for 3 years after that! Our team grew and our memories are ones I will cherish forever!
2. Boat House Row– This area is always lit up a night, its got a beautiful view of the art museum and there are always college students rowing. Its fun to watch and the houses are beautiful.
1. The Philadelphia Are Museum– This is my favorite area! I feel like I mentioned that a lot in this post already, so I am sure you guessed it, but I love it there! The museum is free on Sundays with a donation and you can walk around the area and take as many photos as you want! You can even challenge friends and race up the Rocky steps! It’s the start of so many walks and runs, its where we cheer on PJ as he runs in the marathon each year, its beautiful. We had our first date at Waterworks in 2006, we had our engagement photos taken there and it’s where PJ asked me to marry him. 🙂
Here are a few photos of my favorite place in Philadelphia of my favorite baby boys!
I just loved everything about this door! The color was cool, the lighting was perfect and my kids matched!
Christmas Card Worthy!
This is where PJ popped the question and I said YES! Back in 2008!
Looking forward to going back with my family in 2018!
Last year around the holidays I ran 2 giveaways! One was based around holiday cards ( you can see that winning session here) and the other was through a name generator. This wonderful family won their mini session through the name generator and we were able to schedule their session in NJ when I was there visiting for the Thanksgiving holiday!
Funny story, I use to teach Kristen when she was in the High school marching band color guard! I feel so old. She is married and has a beautiful little girl now! It has been awhile since I had seen her but it was so nice to see her again, and I loved getting to meet her husband Jessie and their little girl, Chelsea!
Jessie, Kristen and Chelsey- Thank you so much for meeting with me a few days after Thanksgiving for your session! I know you guys waited almost a year for this! I appreciate your patience and allowing me to figure out the best time to come to NJ after just having a baby a few months prior! I appreciate you and I hope you love your family photos! Thank you for sending me your family holiday card! It was beautiful! I hope you cherish this special time with your little girl. She is getting big, fast! Keep these images to look at when you need a little baby fix! I hope to see you again soon! xoxo.
Happy Saturday! Here is a fun session for you! I am continuing my blogging series on my New Jersey Holiday Sessions right now, and this session was with my best friend, Gretchen’s little guy, Declan! in 2016 ( I keep having to write the year out because I am not used to it being a new year already….anyone else?!) I photographed Declan in Smithville, my happy place! You can see those images here. It is so amazing to me to see the difference a year makes!
For 2017 we decided on Kirby’s Mill in Medford, NJ. It was a chilly day but a really cool place to let the kids roam around. Ethan and Declan are less than a year apart which is really special. They are both now interested in playing with others and it was cute to watch them interact. They had a blast running around, exploring leaves and sticks, climbing steps and throwing leaves in a lake… which nearly gave me and Gretchen heart attacks. Hey…they were fine and the photos are adorable!
Thanks Gretchen and Ray for having me capture these moments with Declan and again! It is always so nice to see you guys and I really love getting to see the difference a year makes. Watching him grow is just so amazing. Your little fearless man is ever so handsome and had me laughing! I can not wait to see you all again!
Man, the holidays just flew by! I have so many holiday sessions to share, I am not going in much of any order! But! Since I was little, my family always kept Christmas decorations up until my birthday (1/6), so, I am going to do my best to get these holiday sessions blogged this week and next…. ( just to give myself some breathing time incase I do not get them all done this week!!) Feel free to give me permission to share them all throughout the month of January… hmmm… thats not a bad idea…..
2017 my first year hosting Christmas Tree Farm mini sessions. In 2016 I had A LOT of inquiries about them but I never contacted a tree farm in time. For 2017 I was pro active and set this up in August! Once I released the date these were completely filled within the first 2 weeks of sharing the information! I couldn’t believe it! This year I will be thinking about minis again for the fall and maybe, just maybe I will open up 2 days!
9 beautiful families came to meet with me at the Mistletoe Acres Christmas Tree Farm in East Bridgewater, MA. The employees here were wonderful to work with when setting up these sessions and it was nice to have our own section where the kids were able to decorate trees, play and chase me around! One family had an exciting announcement which I was so thrilled to document for them!! It was 85 degrees this day in October and I felt like I worked a wedding! Lots of photos were taken, lots of laughs were had and I just love every moment captured for these families! Getting holiday cards from their sessions made me smile! I can’t wait to see everyone again in 2018!