Friends, I really thought I was going to get this blog post published before this little baby arrived.. but I didn’t… He’s here! (and he was a little early, so really I would have had this published before his due date!)
I just love this family so much! They just so happen to live a few houses down from us and their little guy, Liam is around the same age as Ethan and Henry. He is the sweetest boy and he is going to be the BEST BIG BROTHER!
We had our session at Joppa Hill Farm in Bedford, NH. I take Ethan and Henry there a lot to see the animals and walk the trails there. They love it! It is a really beautiful farm where I had always thought that it would be a great location for a photography session but I never had the opportunity to have a session there.. Until I talked to Shannon and she mentioned thats where she was hoping to have their family maternity session. I was so honored she asked me to capture this season of life for them, but I was also nervous, you see, Shannon is a photographer too! I had so much fun getting to capture these moments for them just before the baby arrived!
Shannon, Matt and Liam, it’s crazy to think we have known you guys for just 2 years but it feels like it’s been a lot longer! I just love that you guys are just down the street and are always up for a social distance hello from the door step! We can not wait until we can plan a day to spend with you guys where we do not need to say ” 6 ft. apart” and “keep your distance” to the kids. Thank you so much for trusting me with taking your photos! It means a lot and I am so happy to hear you love them! Here are just a few of my favorites from our session! I can not wait to finally get to hold your littlest one and take more photos of you guys! xoxoxo
One of the worst things that can happen to a bride would be having to reschedule her wedding day. With all the unexpected COVID-19 situations we’ve faced, Rachel and Joe were one of my many couples that had to make the decision “Do we proceed or reschedule?” Instead of completely rescheduling their plans, they just changed it up a bit! Instead of the original venue they had picked, they chose to be married in their backyard with their close friends and immediate family with a zoom set up with almost all of their guests!
When they told me they were planning to keep their wedding date but have their day be much smaller than planned, at their home, I was so excited for them. I had been to their home before as some of their engagement photos were taken in their backyard. Now, they were going to be saying vows right in the yard where when they walk out of their home, they can look over and memories of this amazing day will come rushing to them. It was perfect.
They had just a few family and friends there which allowed for social distancing and safety measures due to COVID-19. I kept my mask on used my lenses that allowed for distance to be between us all.
They had beautiful details to make their day special and I loved getting to photograph them all. The cake, the champagne glasses, the bracelet she wore, The wedding gown, the grooms boutonnière, the groom pocket square and the bride and groom’s face masks all have a special meaning for them. I remember the day Rachel had picked out her wedding dress, she emailed me a photo of it full of excitement! Since that email, I could not wait to see it in person and my gosh, it was AMAZING! It was truly made for her! The way it flowed in the wind and how she would just play with it to make it move was so beautiful! The detail on the dress was something I had never seen before on a wedding gown- There was orange and blue color design with the words “Je T’Aime” throughout. You really needed to look hard to see it, but it’s there and it is just so classy and romantic.
You see, COVID did not stop them from keeping their wedding date. Things were definitely not as they originally planned, but the beauty that was made out of this situation is all that matters. I guess one benefit of a covid wedding is that I get to see them again next year! Yep, They will have their Castle in the Clouds wedding next June and all the family and friends that joined this celebration on Zoom, will be there in person. For now, they can look back at their original date and remember the official day they became husband and wife.
Rachel and Joe, I can not thank you enough for inviting me back to your home to capture this special day for you. I missed you guys ( and Pepper!) and I just loved that I was there to see you exchange your vows and capture these memories for you. The day was so perfect and emotional in so many ways. Watching you guys light up seeing your biggest fans on Zoom gave me all the feels, and the fact that many of them dressed up for the occasion is so awesome! I am excited to get to see them all in person next year. Nutmeg is adorable and the way she was trying to take over Pirates speech was too funny. I wish you both so much happiness and good memories each time you walk into your backyard. I am excited to celebrate again next year with you guys, but for now, I hope you enjoy this sneak peek of your “first” wedding day. I love you guys! xoxo
Wedding Dress: Leanne Marshall | Shoes: Loeffler Randall | Venue: Backyard at Bride and Groom’s Home (Soon to be Castle in the Clouds) | Cake: Autumn Nomad
Engagement Session Featured on Tacari Weddings
June has been a month of baby talk! A few weeks ago I shot THIS beautiful Maternity Session. Then, I received an email from a friend of mine that they were having a birthday parade for their daughter, Ellie who was turning 2 along with a small gathering for a gender reveal at their home. I planned to go to both the birthday parade and gender reveal with the kids and I asked her if she wanted me to bring my camera along! She responded how much of a gift that would be, so the kiddos, my camera and I went to celebrate!
It was really sweet to see the little birthday girl and her mama’s baby bump! At 11 weeks, its showing slightly and its adorable! Close friends gathered around after the parade as mom and dad popped a balloon revealing the gender of their new baby coming soon!
Congratulations Duffy family! I am so excited for you! Ellie is going to be the BEST big sister!! <3
It is easy to forget to say Thank you. It is easy to look past all these things we have and take them for granted. This time being home with my family, not rushing out the door for anything, Not having a all kinds of activities and parties and school and… you get the idea…. has really opened our eyes to ALL the things!! THERE IS SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR!
Everyday we see on the news of our health care workers on the line, working directly next to patients with COVID-19. They are risking their lives to help save others and go home to their family ( some are isolated from their family) potentially putting them at risk. It is scary for them, I am sure, but they love their jobs and they show up to work everyday.
I wanted to take a moment to introduce you to these wonderful health care workers in the Ali B Family. These Ali B Brides ( and Ali B Groom) are my HEROS!!!! If I could stand out side of their work holding banners and making lots and lots of noise for them I would! (Wearing a mask, of course!) And so, without further ado, here are your Ali B Bride/Groom Heroes!
Shyra- Married 12.13.14
Stephanie- Married 1.18.20
Gina- Married 8.31.19
Victoria- Married 10.7.16
Paige- Getting Married 11.7.20
Meggy- Married 5.5.18
Kellie- Married 6.2.17
Caitlyn- Married 11.4.17
Married- 10.5.19 ( Engagement Session)
Rachel and Joel- Married 6.8.19
Kelly- Married 6.23.17
Congratulations! You’re engaged! This is such an exciting time for you, and I am so happy you stopped by! Now that you said YES and shared this exciting news with all of your family and friends, it’s time to get to work! Let the wedding planning begin!
From setting the date and choosing the perfect venue, to the DJ, hiring a wedding planner, deciding to use a rental business and next the wedding photographer, you are in the right place!
As you choose your vendors that fit best for you and your fiancé, you will see that everyone, every style and all investments are so different, and for different reasons. There isn’t a right or wrong when it comes to choosing what works best for you. Know that each of your vendors are there any time you have a question. Trust they will guide you in the right direction to assure you that your wedding day will be THE BEST DAY EVER!
Once you have interviewed with your wedding photographer, and agreed on the investment package that works best for you, you will notice that many photographers, including myself offer complimentary engagement sessions. These sessions are so much fun to plan and are not just an engagement session. I love to think of these sessions as a chance to get to you know!
Now, with my sessions, they are voluntary. You do not need to schedule it should you decide not to but I love talking about them, and helping you to see the importance of having an engagement session.
Here are my top 5 reasons to have an engagement session:
#5: Get Comfortable in front of the camera before your big day!
– I love that engagement sessions can be thought of, of a way to get used to being in front of a camera before your wedding day! Many brides come to me and express that their groom is not interested in having their photos taken. I completely understand. Being in front of a camera is hard! It’s uncomfortable and you feel like you are put on the spot! I assure you that within 5 minutes of just meeting me, you will both begin to feel comfortable, your body language will grow confidence and you will feel great being together, as I capture your love for one another before the big day! Have those special little fur babies you want to include?? Bring them along! I’d LOVE it!
#4: It’s NOT just an engagement session, it’s a getting to know you session!
– Yes that’s right, let’s look at this as a getting to you know session! We get to spend anywhere from 30 minutes to 60 minutes together. Let’s learn about one another! I want to hear how you met, how he proposed, anything and all wedding plans, you name it, I want to know all about it. It’s a great time for you to ask me questions, and one of the best things is that you get to see me work. You will see a glimpse of how I will interact with you on your wedding day, see the candid moments and the posed moments that I will assist you with but most of all, I want to see you. I want to see love and I want to capture everything about it.
– Many couples want to hang out a bit before the session to ease their nerves! Let’s! I Would LOVE to do that! We can grab an appetizer/drinks before we get started which can help to calm the nerves before you’re in front of the camera!
#3: Brides- Schedule this time for your hair and make-up trial!
– Well, maybe not the wedding day hair trial, but you can get a style blow out and definitely the make up! You will get to see how you look on camera with professional make up done. You will feel confident, look absolutely beautiful and you will love getting pampered before your session. When we schedule our session, together I will send you an Engagement Session Style Guide! It has awesome tips for you and him to look and feel your best. It will also help you with the dreaded questions of “what to wear?!” “How to accessorize?!” “What time of day should we do this?!” and turn it in to a big day for you! You deserve it!
#2: Turn it into a date night!
– You got your hair and make-up done, you are dressed to the nine’s! Choose a restaurant or movie and make it a date! Spend time in front of the camera first then head off for a nice night together OR invite me to your date. Having a photographer attend your date might look a little silly but it’s during this time I will capture raw moments of you together in a setting no one would think to have photos taken! If you need suggestions for dinner, I’d be happy to tell you a few places I love! Coffee date? Ice cream date?! Awesome! It’s all about the two of you. What would you feel most comfortable with?
#1: It’s Complementary with Ali B Photography when you book your wedding with me!
– As if all the reasons above are not enough to have an engagement session with me, all of my wedding investment packages include a complementary engagement session! You have a friend who can take your photos for you, you don’t feel comfortable in front of the camera, okay! I respect that, I think its so awesome! That’s so nice of your friend and I understand how being in front of the camera can be uncomfortable as I mentioned above, but like all of the reasons I have mentioned, I can help to ease those nerves and you will get a preview of what’s to come on the wedding day! These sessions are NOT mandatory. Whatever you choose is totally up to you. If you have questions or concerns about your engagement session, contact me! I would love to talk to you more about it!
So, what do you say?! Let’s connect and talk more about your engagement session!!