This season has been hard. We miss our couples, families and babies. We miss seeing your smiles. We miss everything there is to miss about preparing. capturing and finishing your sessions. Weddings have been moved several times for many couples and it is breaking our hearts. Please know that we are thinking of you all and we are so excited to see you soon! Until then, keep smiling and stay hopeful.
We: Danielle Lacolst
Facebook: Porter Kat Photography
Can’t: Chelsea Nitzken
Wait: Chelsea Lavallee
To: Cara Parker
Facebook: Cara Parker Photography
Capture: Christine Hazel Murphy
Facebook: Christine Hazel Photography
Your: Jocelyn Porter
Facebook: Jocelyn Marie Photography
Lives: Morgan McCabe
Facebook: Morgan Hope Photography
Again: Kristen Phelps
Facebook: Kristen Phelps Photography
Until: Dawn M. DeWees-Crane
Facebook: Trace Elements Photography by Dawn Crane
Then: Coli Tassielli
Facebook: Coli Michael Photography
Keep: Ashley Lynn
Facebook: Ashley Lynn Photography
Smiling: Alexandra Boncek
Facebook: Ali B Photography
And: Linda Jennings
Stay: Kelly Pomeroy
Facebook: Kelly Pomeroy Photography
Hopeful: Stephanie Berenson
Facebook: Stephanie Berenson Photography
New England: Samantha Grant and Mike
Love: Megan Ho
Your: Nancy Dion
Facebook: Nancy Dion
Local: Kristen Lee
Facebook: Kristen Lee Photography
Photographers: Mary Collins
<3: Jess Casey
Congratulations! You’re engaged! This is such an exciting time for you, and I am so happy you stopped by! Now that you said YES and shared this exciting news with all of your family and friends, it’s time to get to work! Let the wedding planning begin!
From setting the date and choosing the perfect venue, to the DJ, hiring a wedding planner, deciding to use a rental business and next the wedding photographer, you are in the right place!
As you choose your vendors that fit best for you and your fiancé, you will see that everyone, every style and all investments are so different, and for different reasons. There isn’t a right or wrong when it comes to choosing what works best for you. Know that each of your vendors are there any time you have a question. Trust they will guide you in the right direction to assure you that your wedding day will be THE BEST DAY EVER!
Once you have interviewed with your wedding photographer, and agreed on the investment package that works best for you, you will notice that many photographers, including myself offer complimentary engagement sessions. These sessions are so much fun to plan and are not just an engagement session. I love to think of these sessions as a chance to get to you know!
Now, with my sessions, they are voluntary. You do not need to schedule it should you decide not to but I love talking about them, and helping you to see the importance of having an engagement session.
Here are my top 5 reasons to have an engagement session:
#5: Get Comfortable in front of the camera before your big day!
– I love that engagement sessions can be thought of, of a way to get used to being in front of a camera before your wedding day! Many brides come to me and express that their groom is not interested in having their photos taken. I completely understand. Being in front of a camera is hard! It’s uncomfortable and you feel like you are put on the spot! I assure you that within 5 minutes of just meeting me, you will both begin to feel comfortable, your body language will grow confidence and you will feel great being together, as I capture your love for one another before the big day! Have those special little fur babies you want to include?? Bring them along! I’d LOVE it!
#4: It’s NOT just an engagement session, it’s a getting to know you session!
– Yes that’s right, let’s look at this as a getting to you know session! We get to spend anywhere from 30 minutes to 60 minutes together. Let’s learn about one another! I want to hear how you met, how he proposed, anything and all wedding plans, you name it, I want to know all about it. It’s a great time for you to ask me questions, and one of the best things is that you get to see me work. You will see a glimpse of how I will interact with you on your wedding day, see the candid moments and the posed moments that I will assist you with but most of all, I want to see you. I want to see love and I want to capture everything about it.
– Many couples want to hang out a bit before the session to ease their nerves! Let’s! I Would LOVE to do that! We can grab an appetizer/drinks before we get started which can help to calm the nerves before you’re in front of the camera!
#3: Brides- Schedule this time for your hair and make-up trial!
– Well, maybe not the wedding day hair trial, but you can get a style blow out and definitely the make up! You will get to see how you look on camera with professional make up done. You will feel confident, look absolutely beautiful and you will love getting pampered before your session. When we schedule our session, together I will send you an Engagement Session Style Guide! It has awesome tips for you and him to look and feel your best. It will also help you with the dreaded questions of “what to wear?!” “How to accessorize?!” “What time of day should we do this?!” and turn it in to a big day for you! You deserve it!
#2: Turn it into a date night!
– You got your hair and make-up done, you are dressed to the nine’s! Choose a restaurant or movie and make it a date! Spend time in front of the camera first then head off for a nice night together OR invite me to your date. Having a photographer attend your date might look a little silly but it’s during this time I will capture raw moments of you together in a setting no one would think to have photos taken! If you need suggestions for dinner, I’d be happy to tell you a few places I love! Coffee date? Ice cream date?! Awesome! It’s all about the two of you. What would you feel most comfortable with?
#1: It’s Complementary with Ali B Photography when you book your wedding with me!
– As if all the reasons above are not enough to have an engagement session with me, all of my wedding investment packages include a complementary engagement session! You have a friend who can take your photos for you, you don’t feel comfortable in front of the camera, okay! I respect that, I think its so awesome! That’s so nice of your friend and I understand how being in front of the camera can be uncomfortable as I mentioned above, but like all of the reasons I have mentioned, I can help to ease those nerves and you will get a preview of what’s to come on the wedding day! These sessions are NOT mandatory. Whatever you choose is totally up to you. If you have questions or concerns about your engagement session, contact me! I would love to talk to you more about it!
So, what do you say?! Let’s connect and talk more about your engagement session!!
COVID-19 can’t keep us from having fun! I started the Front Door Project around the same time as many photographers around the world and I can not believe how much this project has been welcomed by so many families in the area! You can see my first blog post HERE. Once I shared that post, my inbox was full of other families who were hoping to have the same photo experience during this isolating time of a pandemic. I am not kidding when I tell you this whole project has brought me so much joy, even if its only for 3 minutes far away from a smiling family! I love the smiles, I love the creativity and I just love seeing these final images that I get to deliver to these families. It’s so crazy to hear from many of them that they had never had a professional family portrait taken of them all together. I am so thrilled to be apart of this project, capturing loved ones together. Here is the second blog of my Front Door Project. I hope these make you smile.
Theses photos are free, however if you would like to make a donation we have been supporting the Greg Hill Foundation. As many of you know my husband is an operations director for the 99 restaurants and with many employees not able to be at work during this time, this foundation means a lot to us.
This virus has been causing panic and crashing wedding plans left and right. No bride deserves to have their wedding day ripped right out from under them just weeks weeks away. But if you’ve made the very hard decision to postpone your wedding and you’re wondering how you should let your guests know, I’ve created this editable wedding postponement card just for you. Edit, print, and send!
Whether you choose to mail these or send them online, they are a simple way to let your guests know to save your new date. You’ve probably already dropped a substantial amount of money on your save the dates, wedding invites, postage and more. Save yourself the headache and grab my free postponement card HERE.
Many times I find myself second guessing my photography thinking that being home with my kids full time will not allow me to focus on my business like I would like to. You see, when you have two kids at the ages 5 and 2.5 it can be really hard to get any work done, let alone eat or sleep. Our lives are always so busy and on the go, that I always get worried that I am not giving my business all I have to give (insert Backstreet Boys lyrics here..)
It’s crazy to think about when I first started my business before I had kids, I still was working full time with my business on the side. After having Henry in April 2017, this became my full time job along with being a mom. As hectic as the days may seem, I have somehow figured out how to excel in my photography, business and being a mom of two! Many people will ask me how I did this… and I will just tell you, I don’t sleep much. But the good news is, that every year I think that I should not take on as many weddings as I would like to, I realize that that can not happen! I love this job so much. I love my couples so much. I love my families so much! I always end the years having a collection of favorite photos from Ali B Weddings and I am so thankful for that. Because with all this negative talk about cutting back, enters all those negative thoughts of the “I’m not good enough”. Seeing that I always have so many favorites from each wedding and session I do, makes me realize that I need to cut the negative talk and continue doing what I am so passionate about.
This year, my busiest wedding month was June! It all began in May but June was a popular month to get married. You all kept me busy the entire year and I can not thank you enough for it! As 2019 is coming to a close, I love getting to look back on my favorites from the year and relive each and every wedding and session I was blessed to be apart of. All of you 2019 couples mean the world to me and I hope I get to see you all soon!
Looking back, I feel so proud of the work I was able to create this year and I am excited to share my favorites with you from engagements and weddings! Enjoy! xo.