Happy Wednesday! The weather isn’t looking good over here, rain, wind and cold! I am so ready for spring and getting to be outside all day every day with my kiddos! Today, we went to play group and now both littles are “car napping”. ( any other moms think that car naps are life, like me?? I have a love hate relationship with the car naps!)
I realized that I have not posted a personal post lately and I want to get better at sharing things about me so you get to know who I am! In the fall last year, we visited my side of the family for Thanksgiving and spent a day in Philly while we were there. The art museum area is one of our favorite spots! Not only is it beautiful, its also where PJ proposed to me in 2008! We brought the kids back there and I played around with them taking photos that turned out to be our Christmas Card photos this year! I even had them sitting in the area where “I said Yes” and these photos just melt my heart each time I look a them!
Henry is 7 months in these photos. Ethan is 3. Henry JUST hit the sitting up milestone and because PJ and I did not get in the shot for this session of fun, Henry isn’t in too many because he couldn’t sit up strong just yet.
As I mentioned before, we visit Philly every year around Thanksgiving since we are not too far visiting our family in New Jersey. It’s something my family and I look forward to each year and it is going to be even more special now bringing the boys there as they grow!
Here are 1o reasons why I love Philadelphia!
10. It’s so close to home- I am from Washington Township, NJ. This is about 20 minutes from Philly and growing up, it was fun to go into the city for the day! I still remember how to get there and the drive is not bad at all!
9. The View- I went to college at Rutgers University in Camden, NJ. The view of the city from the parking lot I always parked in is just beautiful. Although Camden may not be the nicest area, it does showcase the city nicely and it has a great location for photos if you wanted the city in the background!
8. South Street– It was always fun to walk around South Street with friends! So many unique shops, restaurants and bars. The last time I was there, I remember being with my friend Christina and my cousin Vicky. We were shopping around and my cousin got a phone call where she was offered a teaching position! hah. I think I still remember that because it was such an exciting day for her! She is still teaching in the same school for the past 12 years! I also took ballroom lessons at Society Hill Dance Center for a few years! I miss it there! and I miss dancing!! anyone want first dance lessons? let me know!
7. The Philadephia Zoo– This zoo is amazing! We have gone there twice with Ethan so far and can’t wait to bring Henry there with our friends and family. The kids love seeing the animals and running around ( and I do too!) This is always a fun day trip we like to do when we visit in the summer.
5. Manayunk- I never really cared about this location when I was younger, but now I think its such a cool area! A neat main street with restaurants and bars! The Manayunk Brewery is one of our favorite places to go if we are there, and if there is a table outside, thats where you would find us!
4. Mothers Day– Every mothers day, Susan G. Komen hosts their Breast Cancer Walk beginning at the art museum. We did this every year, up until the year I moved to MA. I miss these walks but LOVE seeing that some friends and family still go and I love getting their texts and photos of this special day.
3. The Breast Cancer 3 Day- In 2007 I decided that I was going to challenge myself and walk in my first 3 day. I told my family I was going to sign up and raise $2300 for breast cancer research in memory of my mother. While many people thought I was crazy, my cousin, Vicky signed up with me. I will never forget my 1st 3 day with her. After that, we signed up again and I walked in the Philadelphia Breast Cancer 3 day for 3 years after that! Our team grew and our memories are ones I will cherish forever!
2. Boat House Row– This area is always lit up a night, its got a beautiful view of the art museum and there are always college students rowing. Its fun to watch and the houses are beautiful.
1. The Philadelphia Are Museum– This is my favorite area! I feel like I mentioned that a lot in this post already, so I am sure you guessed it, but I love it there! The museum is free on Sundays with a donation and you can walk around the area and take as many photos as you want! You can even challenge friends and race up the Rocky steps! It’s the start of so many walks and runs, its where we cheer on PJ as he runs in the marathon each year, its beautiful. We had our first date at Waterworks in 2006, we had our engagement photos taken there and it’s where PJ asked me to marry him. 🙂
Here are a few photos of my favorite place in Philadelphia of my favorite baby boys!
Looking forward to going back with my family in 2018!