Where is summer? Seriously… where did it go?!? How are we a few days away from September? I know I am not the only one that thinks the summer flew by! I am working on lots and lots of family sessions currently ( shooting and editing) and I am trying catching up on my blogging! I have a ton of blogs lined up in drafts to be published asap and I am so excited to share my newest work with you all.
The last few weeks were so busy over here, and the last few months my bed time has not been earlier than 1am!! I am forever grateful for my families, couples and fans for believing in me and my business and I am thrilled that many families have been coming back to me for years to capture their stories. It makes me so happy and I love that I get to see everyone again and again, as well as I get to watch their babies grow! How awesome is that?!
This wonderful family contacted me 2 years ago when they were visiting Cape Cod for their summer family vacation. At that time, they had 2 little ones- (Indy and Lulu) and this year, I got to meet their littlest one, Posey! All of the kids were just so cute and so much fun to play around with on the beach! I just loved how they warmed up to me right away and I was able to capture so many silly moments of them, letting their personalities shine! Their session was held on the same beach as it was the first time I met them, right outside of their rental home. How amazing to have this view for a full week while on vacation! I know I could get used to that!!
Brandon, Audrey, Indy, Lulu and Posey, I LOVED getting to see you again and meeting Posey! They are all so adorable and it is no doubt how loved they all are! It was really cool to look back at our session from 2017, you can check that session out here, and see the differences from then to now! Thank you for inviting me back to Cape Cod for your family vacation and for trusting me to capture these memories for you. Can not wait to watch them grow!
I realize that I have been focusing a lot on weddings. Posting mostly photos from my Ali B Couples special day, sharing lots of wedding wisdom this winter. I am extremely excited I am able to to do that and I hope brides and grooms find it inspirational when planning their wedding.
Today I wanted to do something a little different and start a Motherhood category on the blog. I know you all know my kiddos. They are the joy in my life and I just love sharing their cuteness… See.. I mean.. Look at them!
But in all seriousness, I am going to share posts in this section not just of my kiddos, but kiddos I get to meet throughout the years as well! To start, I am sharing my 10 favorite photos that I have taken of kiddos to inspire you to pick up your camera and shoot away! You do not need a professional camera to get amazing photos of your children!
Let them make a mess. I love it when my kids are laughing so hard and making a mess…Deep down..I really do not love the mess, but I love their laughter and pure joy when they throw all their blankets on the floor and their stuffed “friends” When they do this, they almost always pretend to sleep. So grab the camera and get the shot! It’s not all the time they place nice together.
2. Reading– Henry has a love for books! He will stop what he is doing at any time during the day to sit down and read. I caught him sitting on Ethan’s bed reading a book from our little library. I saw him and loved how the light was on him I had to grab a photo. If he saw me taking this picture he would have probably moved and told me “No Picture”. So, try to sneak it for the best candid!
3. Sleeping– When I get both of my kids to sleep at the same time I feel like supermom! I work during that time but I do spend some time just watching them. Ethan is 4 1/2 and he is just the sweetest. I mean look at him sleeping. Sneak in a photo of a nap so you can cherish it forever! Especially when they no longer nap as they get older.
4. Adventure– Everyday is an adventure with kiddos! You can use your phone and capture awesome photos. ( There are some cell phone shots in this post- can you tell what ones??)
5. At the hospital- After having a baby I know you want to savor each moment! Bring your camera and have visitors snap a few for you if you can’t do it. The hospital (Fresh 48) photos are always my favorites.
6. Being Playful– Dress them up and take them out! Here was a fun sister moment that I just so happened to catch….!
7. Jumping Puddles– Get the rain boots on and get outside! Let them go to town in the puddles! They will love you for it!
8. Focus on the details– Look at their hands. Are they chunky? Do you just love their little hand dimples? I am sure you do! So capture them! When they can have a prop- like a toy or leaves as this photos has, its lets them play and they will “show” you what they got giving you time to grab that photo and not have it be blurry.
9. Silhouette by the window– Here we had a sleep over with a friend and it was snowing outside. The boys were playing at the window and watching the snow fall. They looked so cute standing there and it came out to be a dark photo I turned black and white.
10. Love– Capturing the love they have for other kids/siblings is just the cutest! When they show their love to someone try to capture those moments. They happen way too quickly! You will love that you have those images.
HI THERE! I’M ALEX.
Hello, and welcome to the Ali B Blog! I’m Alex and I am a wedding photographer based in Bedford, NH. I hope you grab your favorite drink ( in my case, coffee) and enjoy viewing my latest work, browsing resources for brides and photographers, as well as getting a little peek into my life.